Relax & enjoy an authentic, stress-free, balanced approach to wedding photography that feels more like inviting a friend & less like the paparazzi.
I'm a Manitoba wedding photographer, intentionally curating meaningful images sparkling with joy & warmth for your soul. Based in the Brandon, MB area & happy to travel the prairies & beyond!
– My creative career began in the graphic design world after graduating top of my class with a diploma in graphic design.
– I'm a former magazine Art Director & happily photographing weddings since 2012.
– Mama to 3 wild & sweet boys - including a set of twins - it may explain my ability to stay focused & calm through chaotic, challenging situations!
– And when it's my turn to relax, I love a crackling bonfire against a vivid prairie sunset with a frosty beverage and the magic of deep conversations with my closest people!
But how will my wedding photography process & experience connect with your vision? Read more on that below!
I think it's important for you to get a feel for how your vision will connect with my wedding photography process & overall experience.
I have an authentic, stress-free, balanced approach to wedding photography that feels more like inviting a friend & less like the paparazzi.
- Moments throughout the day I capture as they unfold naturally. I offer professional guidance on best lighting, choose best placement for details, suggest minor adjustments and generally just blend in as a friend. (I've definitely been known to fold kerchiefs & pin boutonnieres when asked!) My reasons for this approach are to allow you the space & time for you to immerse yourself into enjoying your day. I'll ask all my pertinent questions prior to the wedding so that you can fully enjoy yourself in the present moment. It's important to me that you slow down enough to enjoy your day so that you can relive it through your photos.
- During family group shots I am your trusted guide. We'll prepare your list of family group shots prior to your wedding so that portion of the day glides by smoothly & painlessly. My reasoning here is so that nobody tries to control which groupings they want to do because that can easily derail a timeline. I direct the groupings with a friendly but firm approach and we'll even have some fun along the way!
- Formal portraits including wedding party will also be guided by yours truly. I will tell you exactly what I want you to do, where to stand & what to do with those hands to ensure you look beautiful in your photos. Then I'll razzle & dazzle you with my humour and that is where the magic happens! My reason for this approach is to help you feel relaxed & comfortable in front of the camera because it definitely shows in your photos. Trust me when I say those natural looking shots do not come naturally, it is all in the presence of your photographer, your guide. I want these images to spark joy & warmth to soothe your soul & conjure the biggest smiles for a life filled with love.
- During the reception of course I capture great shots of the head table, podium & speeches but I also scan the room focusing on your guests, laughter, emotion, details as well as the events as they unfold. These images may end up being the biggest surprise because you won't notice the moment your mom gets emotional over your sisters speech, or the look on grandma's face when the best man delivers his roast!
If any of this is resonating, let's connect, I can't wait to hear from you!