Relax & enjoy a stress-free, story-telling approach to wedding photography that feels more like inviting a trusted friend, not the paparazzi.
– Brandon MB wedding photographer (covering Winnipeg, Virden, Clear Lake, Inglis & beyond!) I'm happy to travel!
– I intentionally curate meaningful images sparkling with joy & balanced with professional expertise, to create a meaningful, story-telling collection.
– Graduated top of my class with a diploma in graphic design before shifting my career focus to photography.
– Former magazine Art Director & happily photographing weddings since 2012.
– You'll appreciate my ability to stay focused, calm & on time, while keeping the mood light & fun.
– You'll actually enjoy your photo session because I'll help you feel comfortable in front of the camera, to create images you'll love!
Now, scroll down to learn more about what to expect from your wedding photography experience.
I think it's important for you to get a feel for how your vision will connect with my wedding photography process & overall experience.
I have an authentic, stress-free, story-telling approach to wedding photography that feels more like inviting a trusted friend, not the paparazzi.
- I capture moments as they unfold naturally. I offer professional guidance on best lighting, choose best placement for details, suggest minor adjustments and generally just blend in as a friend. (I've definitely been known to fold kerchiefs & pin boutonnieres when asked!) My reasons for this approach are to allow you the space & time for you to immerse yourself into enjoying your day. I'll ask all my pertinent questions prior to the wedding so that you can fully enjoy yourself in the present moment. It's important to me that you slow down enough to enjoy your day so that you can relive it through your photos.
- During family group shots I am your trusted guide. We'll prepare your list of family group shots prior to your wedding so that portion of the day glides by smoothly & painlessly. My reasoning here is so that nobody tries to control which groupings they want to do because that can easily derail a timeline. I direct the groupings with a friendly but firm approach and we'll even have some fun along the way!
- Formal portraits including wedding party will also be guided by yours truly. I will tell you exactly what I want you to do, where to stand & what to do with those hands to ensure you look beautiful in your photos. Then I'll razzle & dazzle you with my humour and that is where the magic happens! My reason for this approach is to help you feel relaxed & comfortable in front of the camera because it definitely shows in your photos. Trust me when I say those natural looking shots do not come naturally, it is all in the presence of your photographer, your guide. I want these images to spark joy & warmth to soothe your soul & conjure the biggest smiles for a life filled with love.
- During the reception of course I capture great shots of the head table, podium & speeches but I also scan the room focusing on your guests, laughter, emotion, details as well as the events as they unfold. These images may end up being the biggest surprise because you won't notice the moment your mom gets emotional over your sisters speech, or the look on grandma's face when the best man delivers his roast!
If any of this is resonating, let's connect, I can't wait to hear from you!